J Rosenthal & Son Ltd understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of all of our customers and suppliers and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
1. Who we are
J Rosenthal & Son (‘we or ‘us) are a data controller for the purposes of the General Data Protection Act 2018, (i.e. we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal information).
2. What information we collect about you
Personal information we collect from you and how we collect it
- Business name
- Business addresses
- Business Phone, Mobile and Fax numbers
- Email addresses
- Job Title
- Your unique identifier, such as an IP address
- Your customer names, addresses, phone numbers and emails
We collect this personal information when you:
Personal Information that we collect from Third Parties
- Send J Rosenthal & Son Ltd correspondence (emails, calls, post, edi orders)
- Negotiate the pre-contract and contractual documentation for the goods and/or services
- Provide us with your contact details
- Access our Supplier Portal
- Provide bank details
As part of the contract set up process we may collect further information (e.g to verify your identity) from third parties, such as publicly available sources and credit check companies.
3. How we will use the information about you
We use your personal information in a number of different ways:
- For relationship management and file opening procedures
- For administration and management purposes
- For the purpose of facilitating the supply of goods and/or services under the contract
- In order to comply with our obligations under the contract with you, including billing
- To deal with any end customer complaints
This personal data is processed for the purpose of the performance of the contract between us.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
4. How long we will store your information
- In the event that it is necessary to disclose this to our service providers who support the operation of our business for the purpose of administering your account.
- Where this is required for health and safety reasons or as part of HR or Insurance or site security obligations, including emergency contact details
- In order to enforce or apply our contract with you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of J Rosenthal & Son Ltd, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction, external advice (including any claims for infringement of intellectual property rights) and for product recall purposes
- To suppliers who require the information in connection with the supply of goods and/or services to J Rosenthal & Son Ltd
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or statutory obligation or request from a regulator or other government authority
We’ll hold on to your information for as long as we supply and/or services to you.
In some circumstances, such as to meet our legal or regulatory obligations, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce the terms and conditions of our contract with you, we may hold on to your personal information after we have finished providing goods and/or services to you.
5. Your rights over your information
Data subjects have many rights over their personal information and how it is used. The following rights are available to data subjects (depending on how we collect their personal data):
- Right to be informed about what we do with personal data
- Right to access personal data
- Right to correct personal data
- Right to object to, or restrict, the use of personal data (in some circumstances)
- Right to delete personal data
- Right to stop direct marketing messages
- Right to portability of personal data
To the extent you, as a data subject, wish to exercise any of these rights, please write to us at GDPR@jrosenthal.co.uk
Where J Rosenthal & Son Ltd is using your personal information based on your express consent to this, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
To withdraw your consent please write to GDPR@jrosenthal.co.uk
Complain to the Regulator
You have the right to lodge a complaint with your relevant regulatory authority. In the UK this is the Information Commissioners Office and in the Republic of Ireland this is the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner.
If you have given us your contact details, we may use these (in accordance with any preferences you have expressed) to send you marketing messages by post or email to detail offers or events which we think may be of interest. As part of our business relationship J Rosenthal & Son Ltd considers that it has a legitimate interest to send you these messages unless you have asked for us not to do this.
You can stop receiving marketing messages from us at any time. You can do this by writing to us at @jrosenthal.co.uk
7. How your is data protected
We use firewalls, IDS, email and web filtering, antivirus, patch controls, password protection, remote monitoring, physical access controls, data backups, information security policies and disaster recovery provisions.
9. How to contact us
You can contact us by email: GDPR@jrosenthal.co.uk
Or if you prefer you can write to us at:
J Rosenthal & Son Ltd
PO Box 54
158 Bury Road